HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
The following may be admitted as Member Companies: insurance or reinsurance Companies and their subsidiaries directly or indirectly owned by 50 per cent at least and registered in FRANCE to underwrite marine Insurance or in any other European Union member state to deal with the same kind of operations and working on the French market through agencies, branches or on free services providing. Insurance or reinsurance companies which are members of the Fédération des Sociétés d’Assurances de Droit National Africain (FANAF) may also be allowed to join.
They must :
• Pay admission fees plus an annual contribution.
• Disclose the company’s articles of association, the members of the board of directors, the last three annual balance sheets and a company registration certificate.
• Provide administrative approval to handle Marine and Transport business.
• Sign a written undertaking to follow and respect the French market code of practice.
• Provide their annual turnover with regard to marine operations and transported goods.
• Open a financial account with CESAM.